Chelsea host Manchester City at Stanford Bridge, Chelsea will look to consolidate their fourth-place position with a win against Manchester City. The win against Villa helped Chelsea maintain their gap between them and the chasing pack. But Chelsea can do one better as they are only four points off third-place Leicester, who have drawn their last two games.
Manchester City will be going into the game inform and confident that they can get a result against Chelsea. They have scored eight goals in two games and will look to keep the scoring form going. Also, they have not conceded in the last two games against Arsenal and Burnley. Manchester City will need to keep their eyes on Olivier Giroud who has scored in his previous three Premier League starts against Manchester City. Stanford bridge has not been a good hunting grand for Pep Guardiola due him only winning one of his five away games as a manager playing against Chelsea, drawing one and losing three.
Chelsea can help Liverpool by beating or drawing against Manchester City. Chelsea getting a result against Manchester City would make Liverpool premier league champion without kicking a ball. Manchester City can delay Liverpool until they play them at the Etihad if they win against Chelsea.
- Jorginho is back from suspension and is ready to start against Manchester City at Stamford Bridge.
- Defender Fikayo Tomori is still on the injury list with a muscle complaint
- Forward Callum Hudson-Odoi is back in training but not ready to play so will miss out.
- Manchester City are without Sergio Aguero, who has undergone knee surgery after suffering an injury in Monday’s victory over Burnley.
- Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling could return to the starting line-up.
- Defender John Stones (ankle) could soon be back, and No two goalkeeper Claudio Bravo (thigh) has also been training.
Chelsea vs Manchester City